Why I've been MIA….we're having a BABY!!!

Tuesday, October 4


You may have noticed I haven't posted in FOREVER. 
And there is a reason for that… a very good reason for that! 

We are having a baby! 
We are so excited and can't wait for Spring to get here! 
Our little one arrives mid-March, and we are over the moon. 

BUT….
the reason for my absence is that I have been incredibly sick. 
As in throwing up multiple times a day, and feeling nauseated for the rest of it. 
I've had little energy to do anything other than just lay on the couch. 
I could barely pick up a book, looking at my computer made me sick, 
and even watching movies was pushing it. 
It is hard work growing a human! 

There have been days that I honestly did not think I was going to get through. Days where I told Kevin I thought I was going to die (dramatic, I know). But I can think of few things worse than that feeling right before you throw up, and then throwing up. 
For you mamas out there that have done this, I applaud you! 

Kevin has been incredibly amazing. For a few months, I could do nothing more than lay on our couch. He cleaned the house, made dinner, drove our international students around, and did it all with a great attitude. So many moments where I was throwing up that he was right there with me, rubbing my back, encouraging me through it. I honestly don't think I could have gotten through that time without him. 

So here I am, a few weeks into my second trimester, 
and the pain is starting to ease up a little. I'm not throwing up as much, and I have spurts of feeling somewhat normal. 

But I know it's all worth it, and come March we'll hold our little one and be SO grateful that God got me through this season. What a gift it is to carry a child, and we are thankful for this time! 

We'd love your prayers for our little peanut growing within me! (And I totally welcome any prayers for God to stop the throwing up haha!). Thanks for joining in this journey with us, and hopefully i'll be back on here a little more regularly!! 

love love love!!! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you friend:) Your comment will make my day!